On this page you’ll discover all our Birds, but first…
Interesting Facts about Birds
Birds are warm-blooded vertebrates with wings. There are close to 10,000 species of birds, and they live all over the earth. There’s a lot more to the creatures that wake you up every morning than meets the eye!
- Birds are the only animals that have feathers. These and their thin hollow bones are some of the things that make flight possible. Grab some fake bird feathers to add some texture to your latest drawing or craft creation.
- Or get creative and draw your own-make them as colorful as you want, there’s sure to be a bird out there somewhere with that plumage!
- It’s no secret that not all birds can fly like kiwis, penguins, emus and ostrich, dodos, and even certain types of owls, cranes, and more. And on top of that, a lot of birds can swim including ducks, geese, and other birds including pelicans that dip underwater to catch their prey.
- Birds are actually related to dinosaurs. Try sketching out the transformation from one animal to another. You can even make your own flipbook showing the metamorphosis.
- Bird watching is a pastime that is easier to enjoy than you think. There are even plenty of apps to make it easier.
- You don’t even have to go far! Birds are one of the animals that are easiest to go and see because they are all over the place. Make your own birdfeeder or birdbath to attract some to your yard and draw what you see!
- All of your bird drawings are going to need a home! Try making your own bird’s nest to keep them in.
- That way, whether it’s a robin, a penguin, a parrot, a cockatoo, a peacock, an albatross, a dove, or a bird entirely out of your imagination, they can all be sure to live in harmony!