In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Ninetales in 5 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Ninetales.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Ninetales - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Ninetales
Ninetales is a fox-like Pokemon that is known for its high intelligence and named for the nine red-tipped tails that it boasts. The coloring of the Ninetales is a soft buttery-golden color, except for the red on its tails and the redness of its eyes-which are said to be able to control the minds of humans. This Pokemon has a fierce memory and is also known for being vengeful, as it will remember those who harm it and will curse them for revenge.The Ninetales of the Alola region, however, is a light blue in color with white tips on its tails, each of which are rumored to be imbued with different magical powers. This blue incarnation of the Pokemon is capable of producing crystals of ice with its fur, which it uses to defend itself or hurls toward opponents in the defense of itself or its land, the mountains of Alola. Because of the presence of this beautiful and powerful creature in that particular region, its snow-capped mountain habitat is considered something of a sacred ground. Like the other Ninetales, the Alolan Ninetales is capable of being quite vengeful, as it will fiercely defend its territory and the humans that it has come to care about. Both versions of the Ninetales are known to be able to understand humans with far greater ease than other Pokemon.
Did you know?
- The Ninetales hates having its tails pulled, and it’s commonly believed that they will place a 1,000-year-long curse on whoever does this.
- It is widely believed that the Ninetales came into existence when nine powerful wizards, each with different powers, merged into one being: the Ninetales itself. This is the expected reason as to why its tails all have different mystical powers.
- They have a very long life, up to one thousand years.
- The longer that the Ninetales lives, the more shiny its luxurious fur coat will seem to be. The closer it gets to 1,000 years lived, the more its coat seems to glow.
- The Alolan Ninetales was once revered as a god.
- The Alolan variant of this species can freeze anyone who angers it, in less than a second.
- This Pokemon is the evolved form of the smaller fire Pokemon, Vulpix.
Arts and Crafts Activity Notes: Draw the Ninetales on a large sheet of paper (with the exception of its tails), and divide students into nine pairs or small groups, depending on the size of the class. Draw the tails separately, by making eight copies of one that you have drawn to fit the size of the original drawing. Have your students work on writing facts about the Ninetales on the tails while in their groups/pairings, making sure that they leave the tips of each tail to be colored orange. When your students are done, have them fix the tails onto the back end of the Pokemon with glue stick or tape, and display their work on a grassland backdrop.