In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw a Bullhead in 6 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
How to Draw a Bullhead
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Bullhead.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw a Bullhead - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Bullhead
The bullhead is a type of freshwater fish that can be found in many areas of Europe, most commonly in rivers. You can also find these in small streams or shores of lakes, always waters that are cold, clear, and normally fast moving. These fish are normally between 6 and 8cm long and are light brown in color with a bunch of small darker brown spots and marks.
Did you know?
- The bullhead goes by many other names as well, some being: freshwater sculpin and the miller’s thumb
- These funny looking fish get their names because of the fact that they have a large and wide head with a body that slowly grows smaller to a thinned, round ended tail.
- When these fish rest flat down on a flat surface, its pectoral fins spread out which look a lot like little wings
- When it is time for mating season, male bullheads will mate with many females at one time and then will dig a hole when all of the women lay their eggs, then the male will guard the nest for the month that it takes the eggs to hatch
- Bullhead fish are very commonly aggressive towards other bullheads and have a lot of competition for food and shelter