Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/wedraw/www/www/wp-content/thesis/skins/classic/custom.php on line 504
In this quick tutorial you’ll learn how to draw a mouse in just a few quick steps, but first…
Interesting Facts about the Mouse
The mouse is a small mammal, with small round ears, a pointed snout and long, nearly hairless tail belonging to a super family of rodents called Muroidea, along with gerbils, hamsters and a large number of relatives.
Rodent fossils date back to 65 million years ago. Today, massive numbers of rodents exist on all continents, except Antarctica.
Did you know?
- Since prehistoric times, humans have eaten mice and today they are considered a delicacy in some areas in Africa.
- Mice are used as food for pet snakes, lizards, frogs, tarantulas and large birds of prey.
- Mice have generally poor eyesight but an especially keen sense of smell.
- In Israel, during testing of a new form of airport security, mice were better than dogs or x-ray machines at sensing drugs or explosives.
- Mice droppings contain parasites that can spread diseases and some mice damage food crops.
Common house mice are often kept as pets that can easily become used to being handled, often being playful and loving. Mice have been represented in folklore and mythology, comics and cartoons, literature, movies, and video games. The Mickey Mouse and Mighty Mouse are very famous characters and the popular pizza restaurant, Chuck E Cheese, features a mouse in its brand logo and as an entertaining mascot.