On this page you’ll discover all our Arctic Animals, but first…
Interesting Facts about Arctic Animals
The arctic is a harsh environment and many animals wouldn’t survive there. But that doesn’t mean that there isn’t a lot of diversity and interesting life to discover!
- The arctic covers the northernmost region of the earth, including parts of Russia, North America, and European countries like Norway.
- Although it can get really cold, there are warmer parts where people and plant life can live.
- The animals that join them include polar bears, walruses, seals, and specific species of arctic foxes, squirrels, and hares.
- The arctic has been shrinking in recent years due to a global trend of warming. In addition to having fun drawing and learning about your favorite animals, take some time to incorporate into the lesson plan some ideas for things that everyday people can do to help protect the arctic.
- The icy tundra might not seem like a very crowded place, but it can be! Draw as many arctic animals as you can think of and make a game out of hiding as much as you can in the image. The result will be a little more cramped than your usual iceberg, but at least then you don’t have to choose which animal to paint or draw!
- The next time that you think it’s too cold outside, think about all the things that help arctic animals survive in the cold. The arctic fox has warm fuzzy fur. A polar bear has black skin that helps absorb as much heat as it can. Get out the paints and colored pencils and draw these in as much detail as you can. Before you know it, you’re mind won’t be on the cold but on all the cool traits that arctic animals have!
- You might not be able to live in the arctic, but you can have the next best thing. Transform a room or space with pictures of arctic animals and curl up with a mug of hot cocoa in your own pillow igloo!