Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/wedraw/www/www/wp-content/thesis/skins/classic/custom.php on line 504
In this quick tutorial you’ll learn how to draw an Ivory-Billed Woodpecker in just a few quick steps, but first…
Interesting Facts about the IVORY-BILLED WOODPECKER
The Ivory-Billed Woodpecker is a member of the bird family and the scientific term for them is Campephilus principalis. Other common names for this species is the Grail Bird, Lord God Bird, Good God Bird, King of the Woodpeckers, and Elvis in Feathers.
Did you know?
- The animal was first documented in 1758.
- They could reach up to almost 2 feet in length.
- The bird could have a wingspan of up to almost 2.5 feet wide.
- This species weighed up to almost 1.5 pounds.
- There was a discovery reward of $10,000 to whoever finds a living specimen.
- The government recently offered a reward of $50,000 to whoever finds a living specimen.
- There has been no evidence of a living specimen since 1940.
They were one of the largest of the Woodpecker relatives in the world, and the largest one in the United States. They are native to the virgin forests of the southeastern United States, living in hardwood swamps and pine forests. Due to the cutting of trees and hunting of this bird, populations of tis species received a noticeable decline. There are not any of these creatures recently observed, so they are considered to be extinct.