In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw a Violet Flower in 4 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Violet Flower.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw a Violet Flower - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Step 1: The first step will be to draw the center flower by drawing a circle and then small lines off that so it looks almost like a spider.
Step 2: Next draw the flower petals which should be mostly rounded and leave a space at the top of the flower where you will add the stem.
Step 3: In this step draw the the bottom of the petals but it will be placed at the top and then add the stem starting at the top and bend it down behind the petals.
Step 4: Lastly add the leaves, two on each side and the leaves should be jagged around the edges.
Interesting Facts about Violets
Violets are small purple, white, and yellow flowers. They grow in pots, shrubs, small trees, and climbing vines. Violets are closely related to pansies and Johnny-jump-ups. The bloom on a violet plant has 5 petals. The middles of the flowers range from a plain color or spots of yellow or darker purple. Violets are common in perfumes and soaps. Many people grow the flowers in pots around their homes. Probably because they are grow so easily indoors or outdoors.
Did you know?
- There are 400 species of violets worldwide.
- The bottom petal of a violet is bigger than the rest, because insects will be attracted to the flower’s bright colored “bottom lip.”
- The African violet is a popular give for Mother’s Day in America.
- Violets are so tough that they can survive a light frost.
- Not all violets have a scent.
- Most violets grow naturally in North of the equator, but there are species of violets that grow in Australia and South America
Activity: Teach your children how take care of a houseplant. Violets are great beginner’s plant. They are very forgiving of lack of water and sunlight. There are many sizes, shapes, and colors to plant.