In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Ivysaur in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Ivysaur.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Ivysaur - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Ivysaur
It is quadrupled and has blue and green screen with black patches. It has pointed ears and red eyes. It has a bulb on its back has a large pink bud with green leaves surrounding it. As the flower continues to bloom, its weight affects its hind legs and the Ivysaur cannot stand on them anymore. It evolves from Bulbasaur to Venusaur.
Did you know?
- It is one of the few Pokémon that does not require an evolutionary stone to evolve to its final form.
- Most of its abilities come from its plant when exposed to sunlight possibly because they photosynthesize the necessary energy required. This also enables it to survive without food for many days.
- It spends most of its time in the sun during evolution to synthesize the necessary energy for the transformation.
- It is also available in the Super Smash Brothers game as a playable character.
- They are very rare and many are in captivity.
- Its flower gives off a unique sweet smell when it blooms.
Additionally, their main habitats where they can be found are the plains. While its abilities are its flower plant, it is susceptible to ice, Pokémon with flight, psychic and fire abilities.