In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Kermit The Frog in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Kermit The Frog.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Kermit The Frog - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about KERMIT THE FROG from The Muppets
Kermit the Frog is a member of the Disney casting group from the largest retail franchise in the world. The characters began being designed during 1923 in Los Angeles by Walt Disney, an American illustrator. They were featured in live-action film production, television, and theme parks. Kermit is a light green character created by Jim Henson in 1955 and voiced by Steve Whitmire.
Did you know?
- The frog was named after Jim’s boyhood friend Kermit Scott.
- Kermit first appeared as a lizard, before being remodeled as a frog.
- He appeared on The Muppets live action and animated television series, and live action movies.
- His relatives include nephew Robin the frog and girlfriend Miss Piggy the pig.
- He is a regular character on the Sesame Street television series, and a research platform has his name.
- His reference is used as a mascot for radio station KFRG.
- Kermit appears at Nascar events, Disney theme parks, many television interviews, stage shows, etc.
- He has one of the most popular voices worldwide and has a star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Kermit received an honorary doctorate at Southampton College as he gave a commencement speech. He is the only amphibian to address the Oxford Union and a statue of him and Jim was placed at the University of Maryland. He was also Grand Marshal at the Tournament of Roses Parade and had stamps made after him. In Texas, he crowned the homecoming queen.