Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/wedraw/www/www/wp-content/thesis/skins/classic/custom.php on line 504
In this quick tutorial you’ll learn how to draw a Betta in just a few quick steps, but first…
Interesting Facts about the BETTA
The Betta is a member of the fish family and the scientific term for them is Betta burdigala. This species is in the Gouramis family, which means that they have a ray pattern on their fins, show parental care (sometimes raising babies in their mouth), build nests out of bubbles, and have lungs shaped like a labyrinth so that they can breathe air when in water with little oxygen, such as puddles.
Did you know?
- The animal was first documented in 1994.
- They are related to the Perciform fish with over 10,000 species members.
- This family of animals makes up 40 percent of all fish.
- They prefer temperatures of about 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The species can grow up to 1 inch long.
- They have up to 24 rays on their colorful fins.
This species is found in lowland peat swamp forests of Bangka Island at Indonesia. They are popular in entertainment since the males will fight other males to the death in order to reduce competition for the female. Since there are so few of these creatures due to their abduction for domestication with the demand for household pets, they are near threatened to extinction.