In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw a Mushroom Coral in 3 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Mushroom Coral.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw a Mushroom Coral - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Step 1: The first step is drawing the Mushroom coral is to draw the body outline, which is a cloud shape. This outline is as if you are looking down on the coral.
Step 2: The next step, draw the line pattern leave a blank space that is a small line for the Mushroom coral’s mouth. Draw curved lines to show that the mushroom coral is a round shape and have the lines meet around the mouth.
Step 3: The last step is to draw the circle pattern. Draw small circles over the entire body; these circles are often a different color than the line pattern.
Interesting Facts about the Mushroom Coral
A soft coral that comes in a wide variety of colors and sizes, Mushroom Corals are a favorite of aquarium hobbyists and are readily available in most aquarium stores and online stores. Mushroom Corals are hardier than most coral species and can handle sudden changes in environment easier.
Did you know?
- In the proper environment Mushroom Coral will spread to cover all of the substrate in the aquarium their housed in.
- Hobbyists have bread nearly a dozen varieties of Mushroom Coral to create a wide mix of colors, sizes, and textures.
- Mushroom Corals can be be 1 into to 1 foot in diameter, but most captive-bred corals are 3 inches across.
- Mushroom Corals are found oceans all over the world but are most often found in tropical waters.
- They live in a wide variety of marine environments but most often live in areas of poor water quality.
Lesson plan note: Mushroom Corals breed and spread quickly in the right environment creating a mural of colors and shapes. Give students large pieces of construction paper and have them draw their own Mushroom Corals. Staple all the piece together to create a classroom reef.