In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw a Tiger Shark in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
How to Draw a Tiger Shark
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Tiger Shark.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw a Tiger Shark - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Step 1: Start out by drawing the head. The tiger shark has a long, narrow head that comes to a point at the end. Also draw a short line for the mouth.
Step 2: Next, draw the fin. It should look like a triangle. Sharks use these fins to swim through the water.
Step 3: Now draw the body. The tiger shark has a very long, pointed body that helps it dive up to one thousand feet into the water.
Step 4: For the next step, draw the other fins. The tiger shark has three small fins and one larger fin on top. These should all be shaped like triangles.
Step 5: Next is the tail. The tiger shark's tail looks like a boomerang, or a triangle with one of the ends bent inwards.
Step 6: Next, draw the eye and the detail of the gills. The eye is a small circle near the end of the head. The gills should look like 5 or 6 vertical lines in front of the fin.
Step 7: Last, draw the details on the shark’s body. When you’re done, think about coloring your shark. Tiger sharks can be anywhere from blue to tan to green in color.
Interesting Facts about Tiger Sharks
Tiger sharks, also known as sea tigers, live in tropical and temperate waters. Tiger sharks got their name due to the stripes on their body. The stripes are more noticeable in younger tiger sharks. As they grow older, the stripes begin to fade.
Did you know?
- On average, tiger sharks are 10 to 15 feet long, and they weigh about 850 to 1,400 pounds. Larger species can be as long as 25 feet and weigh as much as 1,900 pounds
- Tiger sharks range in color from blue to light green.
- During the winter, tiger sharks usually live closer to the equator.
- The highest populations of tiger sharks are in the Gulf of Mexico, south of New Zealand, the Caribbean Sea, and North and South America.
- Tiger sharks usually live to be at least 12 years old.
- Tiger sharks can dive as deep as 1,000 feet into water.
- The tiger shark has excellent eyesight, sense of smell, and taste.
Tiger sharks usually hunt alone, and their diet consists of basically anything. They eat stingrays, sea turtles, shellfish, seals, and birds, just to name a few of their prey. People harvest tiger sharks for their fins, flesh, and skin. Tiger sharks are used in vitamin oil.