In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Butterfree in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Butterfree.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Butterfree - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Butterfree
It is categorized under the dual-type bug and flying Pokémon. It evolves from Metapod to its final form Caterpie. It resembles a fly with the wings similar to a butterfly. It has two body segments and four legs. It has two black antennae, red compound eyes and some fangs for teeth.
Did you know?
- Its wings release a toxic dust that is falling whenever it is flying and repels water enabling it to obtain foods especially honey.
- It can move over six mile searching for the honey and come back to its nest carrying the honey with its feet.
- It easily flaps its week and release the toxic dust in order to repel opponents during battles in the Pokémon games.
- It has a high sense for honey in that it can locate it even in flowers that have low amounts of pollen.
- It is the only Pokemon in the anime and manga to be trained by the four key trainers in the franchise: Ash, Ritchie, Solidad and Drew.
It can be paralleled to the Beedrill since they evolve at the same levels in the game and also go through as similar process of evolution based on metamorphosis.