In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Metapod in 6 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Metapod.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Metapod - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Metapod
It evolves from Caterpie to Butterfree. It resembles a chrysalis but green. Its front has many eyes with lids and a pointy nose. Its back is a shell that has been subdivided into various portions and projections and it protects its soft body during metamorphosis.
Did you know?
- It stays dormant for almost all its life to prepare its inner body for the evolution process. It only hardens its exterior shell to prevent bodily harm on its inner soft body.
- The shell can withstand a lot of force but the impact can force its inner body to squeeze out of the shell.
- Its only weapon is hardening the shell which can withstand opponents attack for a long time leading to a seemingly long battle where the opponent is forced to give up the fight and leave it alone.
- In the anime, Bugsy’s metapod utilized the tackle move on one occasion to fight against Ash’s Pokémon.
- It is also the first Pokémon to evolve in a movie.
- It also could not defeat Ghost-type Pokémon in the early stages of the game but subsequently has upgraded with Bug Bite to aid in being more effective against such foes.