In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Caterpie in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
How to Draw Caterpie Pokemon
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Caterpie.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Caterpie - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Caterpie
It resembles a caterpillar with green color. It has three yellow rings at intervals in its body and has a red antenna on its head which releases an odor that repels its predators. Together with the shaped eye, they intimidate its predators.
Did you know?
- When shedding its skin and enveloping itself in thick silk, it uses this silk to entangle enemies similar to a spider using its web to trap enemies.
- It has suction features under its feet which allows it to move on any surface with ease.
- They have very large appetites and can devour large leaves which are even bigger than itself very quickly and easily.
- In the anime, it was the first Pokémon ever to be captured and also to evolve. It is in the worm Pokémon category same as Wurmple.
- The Caterpie’s evolution has some similarities with the pupation of real caterpillars and it is shown in the anime when it is under Ash’s care
- In Generation 1 Caterpie could not defeat Ghost type Pokémon so it was impossible to complete the game. But was later given the trait of Bug Bite to aid in this.
Additionally it has similar characteristics to a caterpillar which is where its name was derived from.