In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Charizard in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Charizard.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Charizard - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Charizard
Charizard is a Pokémon character which is an evolved Charmander. It resembles a dragon with orange skin color and a creamy underside similar to the Charmander. Its unique characteristic are the large wings and appears more physically fit especially its limbs.
Did you know?
- In earlier Pokémon games, the Charizard did not know how to fly. While it can be trained, it could not be able to master it naturally.
- In the cartoon series, Ash’s Charizard displays the most moves, up to eighteen moves, which is more than any other Pokémon character in the franchise.
- Also Ash’s Charizard’s gender is inconclusive despite the fact that it had a romantic relationship with a female Charizard.
- It can fly up to over 4,000 feet and its fiery fire can melt rock.
- Charizard is one of the most popular character in the Pokémon franchise not only for being the most powerful but also an empowering character to children.
Additionally, the Charizard is gets better with experience and also matures and becomes fiery but controllable. It is also known to appreciate stronger opponents where it will unleash its maximum fire breathing potential but when faced with a weaker opponent it will not even breathe fire.