In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Charmander in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Charmander.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Charmander - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Charmander
Charmarder is primarily orange colored with a creamy undercoat. It has blue eyes and small fangs and its distinguishing feature is the fire that burns at its tail end. The flame burns differently depending on the emotions that it is experiencing and the health of the Pokémon and if it dies the flame burns out.
Did you know?
- The original design for Charmander had spikes running through its back.
- During its stages of evolution from Charmander to Chameleon to Charizard, the character was voiced by different actors in the anime series.
- Charmander can only grow up to five feet tall.
- It has a 7 male to 1 female ratio i.e. for every female there are 7 males in the canon
- The flame in its tail is thought to be unaffected by the freezing temperatures or rain as it heats up the ice to steam.
Additionally Charmander work with each other to search for food. The Pokémon species also is very well mannered and easy to train but should be not be strained or neglected since it shifts its moods at the slightest provocation. They are mainly found in very hot areas such as rocky terrain and active volcano sites.