In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Count Duckula in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Count Duckula.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Count Duckula - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about COUNT DUCKULA
Count Duckula is a member of the Count Duckula casting group from the animated television series. The characters began being designed during 1988 by Cosgrove Hall for the British studio. The enemy to British cartoon Danger Mouse, has been the inspiration for this animated show. The worldwide horror comedy is narrated by Barry Clayton and is 22 minutes long, mostly on Thames Television and Central Television.
Did you know?
- This character is an avian vampire with green feathers, high-collar black tuxedo, and red bowtie.
- The show is based on the legend of Count Dracula, so the setting takes place in Transylvania, Romania.
- He lives in Castle Duckula with his butler Igor and relative Nanny.
- Duckula has been alive for centuries, and can only be destroyed by sunlight or a wooden stake.
- His enemy is Doctor Von Goosewing, inspired by Count Dracula’s enemy Dr. Abraham Van Helsing.
- Other enemies include The Crow brothers, The Egg, Gaston and Pierre, The Phantom of the Opera and Cruel, Morris the Strongman and Charlie the Clown, and the Pirate Penguins.
Most characters in the cartoon are human-like birds, but there are also zombies and werewolves. The show includes the ability for Duckula and his home to teleport through space and time. There are character extras that include local peasants and relatives abroad. Count Duckula has since appeared in comics, video games, VHS media and DVD also.