In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Cubone in 6 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Cubone.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Cubone - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Cubone
Famously known as the lonely Pokémon, Cubone has a tendency to keep itself to itself and avoid socialising or helping out. They have been known to make friends with other Pokémon but this is a very rare occurrence. Cubone is equipped with large spikes on its back, a skull helmet and face mask and a sharpened bone baton. Cubone can often be heard crying late at night over the death if its mother, which causes its skull mask to vibrate and cause a slight weeping sound of its own
Did you know?
- The skull worn by Cubone is that of its deceased mother
- Cubone’s main predator is the Mandibuzz, which is where its bone armour is needed most
- Cubone can seem to recognise their mothers in the moon at night which they sometimes gently howl at in mourning
- Cubone has two exclusive attacks; Boomerang and Bone Club
- In full moon, Cubones cries are said to be louder and sadder than usual
This small, melancholy Pokémon at 1’4” has a very touching history. But don’t let its size and mood lead you to feel too sorry for it; Cubones are notoriously able to take care of themselves and to fend off danger.