In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Daffy Duck in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Daffy Duck.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Daffy Duck - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about DAFFY DUCK from Looney Tunes
Daffy Duck is a member of the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies casting group from the animated television series. The characters began their release during 1930 and were produced by the Warner Bros. studio during the Golden Age of American animation. The first characters made were Bosko and Buddy. These cartoons began in movie theaters and outnumbered the frequency of Walt Disney Productions, Paramount’s Famous Studios, Universal’s Walter Lantz, Columbia’s UPA, 20th Century Fox’s Terrytoons, MGM, and others.
Did you know?
- This character was first released in 1937 and voiced by the “Man of a Thousand Voices” Mel Blanc.
- He is a large black male duck with an orange bill, legs, and feet, with a white stripe on his neck.
- The voice is raspy like a duck’s quack, and his alias is Duck Dodgers.
- His encounters with other characters usually involve him saying with a lisp “You’re Despicable!”
- He is the 3rd most famous character in this franchise, the first being Bugs, and the 2nd being Porky Pig.
- Daffy was created to compete with Mickey Mouse and Popeye from other franchises.
Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies has turned into a worldwide franchise, creating many television series, comic books, feature films, video games, music albums, and amusement park rides. Some of the characters have had cameo appearances in many other television shows, advertisements, and movies. As popularly regarded, the greatest cartoons in history are found in this franchise.