In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Fluttershy in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Fluttershy.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Fluttershy - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about FLUTTERSHY
Fluttershy is a member of the My Little Pony casting group from a retail franchise of toy animals that are modeled after a small equestrian species. The characters were designed in 1981 by Bonnie Zacherle, an American illustrator. The manufacturing company Hasbro, began displaying her patented products in retail businesses. The trend was extended into the media on a television animated series.
Did you know?
- This character is a pegasus.
- She has a pet white rabbit named Angel.
- This character coexists with a race of small fairy ponies that have their own language.
- Fluttershy has a female pony friend named Applejack.
- She has a female unicorn friend named Rarity.
- This character has a female unicorn-pegasus friend named Princess Luna.
- Her home is in a place by the Everfree Forest.
- She heals a phoenix bird named Philomena, meaning “strong friend” in the Greek language.
This character has a mentor who says that she is “somepony special.” She has a enemy male chimera named Discord. The portrayal of Fluttershy with the other story characters, is to show how humans can overcome common obstacles in life every day. Many of the other creatures that are met on her adventures, have real historical names, such as the Phoenix and Minotaur from the native culture of Greece. Other characters that are met in the cartoon plots, have personality names, such as Tra La La and Iron Will.