In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Gengar in 6 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Gengar.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Gengar - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Gengar
It has the most devilish look from its dark purple color, its red eyes to its menacing grin. It has a round figure with multiple spikes at its back. The evolved version, the mega Gengar has a third eye on its forehead that can see through dimensions. It is spikier and more menacing.
Did you know?
- It is well known for its mischief such as mimicking peoples’ shadows by utilizing its dark color as camouflage and intimidating them with laughter.
- It can also absorb surrounding heat causing one to have chill. If this happens, it is a definite indicator that a Gengar is nearby.
- Genger’s name is thought to be derived from doppelganger which is a person’s double. This seems so considering it mimics shadows.
- One popular theory developed by fans over the years is that Genger is Clefable’s shadow due to similarities in their appearances.
- It is known to cast curses on its victims and consume their life force when they are terrified.
Aside from all its villainy, it is a loyal Pokémon and very protective. It is fond of dark places such as caves and urban streets. It is very popular and well received in pop culture despite its negative attributes.