In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Knuckles The Echidna in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Knuckles The Echidna.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Knuckles The Echidna - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about KNUCKLES THE ECHIDNA from Sonic the Hedgehog
Knuckles the Echidna is a member in the casting group for Sonic the Hedgehog of the animated series. The character was designed by Yuji Naka and Naoto Ōshima in 1991 for a video game from Sega. It is based on a blue hedgehog who travels at supersonic speeds and simultaneously curls into a ball for attacking enemies. He inspired comics, original animated video, and 4 cartoon shows.
Did you know?
- This character was featured in the animated series Sonic X from 2003.
- The show’s main character is Sonic, and often contains his friends Tails and Knuckles.
- He is a red spiny anteater with dreadlocks, white gloves with spikes on the knuckles, and yellow studded shoes.
- His return is expected in a CGI series Sonic Boom.
- He is slower than Sonic but is the strongest character in the series and a martial artist. He can punch through boulders, glide for a distance by trapping air below his dreadlocks, climb up walls with his spikes, and able to swim.
Sonic is one of the first game cast members to be inducted to the Walk of Game which occurred in 2005. His competitor named Mario from the Nintendo video game company is also an inductee. Sonic was created to provide this marketing advantage, making him the mascot for the video game company Sega. He is now one of the world’s most famous video game characters, having sold over 80 million copies.