In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Peter Rabbit in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Peter Rabbit.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Peter Rabbit - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about PETER RABBIT
Peter Rabbit is a member in the casting group for Peter Rabbit the television series. He was designed by Beatrix Potter inspired from her pet rabbit named Peter Piper. In 1893 she knew a boy that was 5 years old named Noel Moore, son of her governess named Annie Moore. He was very sick so Potter wrote him a letter about her pet which included pictures.
Did you know?
- His initial public appearance was in a 1902 book called The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
- This character is a hungry bunny who wears a blue jacket and black shoes.
- He lives in a rabbit hole that has a kitchen, furniture, and shop where his mother sells items.
- His relatives are mother Mrs. Josephine Rabbit, and his sisters Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, cousin Benjamin Bunny, and uncle Mr. Benjamin Bunny.
- He appears in 8 additional books, a 1971 ballet film, a 1991 television musical narrated by Carol Burnett, a 1992 BBC anthology series, and a CGI-animated children’s television series.
In 1902 a trade edition was published that yielded 28,000 books that sold over 40 million copies worldwide. Peter’s series sold over 151 million books in 35 languages. Some of his merchandise includes dishes, wallpaper, food packaging, and dolls patented in 1903 making Peter the oldest licensed character. However, his stories were published before 1923, so they are not able to be copyrighted. There is a replica of Potter’s house and a theme park in Japan.