In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Omanyte in 5 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Omanyte.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Omanyte - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Omanyte
Omanyte is a water-type Pokémon resembling the prehistoric sea creature, the ammonite. It lives in a spiral shell which it carries on its back and hides inside when feeling threatened. It feeds on plankton and scurries around the seabed and in the reefs. It has a pair of large, protruding eyes which help it to see oncoming danger from a far.
Did you know?
- Omanyte are thought to be extinct from prehistoric times. Many suspect that any living today are merely engineered or cloned fossils
- Its shell is filled with gas chambers which help Omanyte stay upright and keep balance under water
- By releasing and taking in gas from its chambers, Omanyte is able to rise and fall to different levels of depth in the water
- They have been found in deep underground caves among other fossil Pokémon and show some aggression towards humans when they are hungry
- At high speed, Omanyte can propel itself through the water by thrusting its tentacles
Many still believe this creature to be extinct, yet there are few who have come very close to one face to face that will tell you otherwise