In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Pepe Le Pew in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Pepe Le Pew.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Pepe Le Pew - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about Pepe Le Pew
Pepe Le Pew first appeared in the “Looney Tunes” episode “Odor-Able Kitty” in 1945, though the formula for his shorts wasn’t set until 1949. Pepe is a French skunk who is a hopeless romantic and is usually seen trying to woo a black cat named Penelope, never taking “no” for an answer. The episodes that Pepe appears in are not the usual slapstick featured in Looney Tunes, but more of a romantic comedy.
Did you know?
- Except for the episode “Really Scent”, Pepe is never aware that he has a smell.
- In the “Looney Tunes Show”, Pepe is a wedding planner and has been married seven times.
- In the first episode he appeared in, Pepe’s name was “Stinky”.
- Pepe is often heard humming or singing the popular song “Alouette”.
- “For Scent-imental Reasons” won an Academy Award for best short in 1949.
Pepe’s episodes follow a formula that is very easy to predict: The black cat, Penelope, accidentally gets a white stripe painted on her back. When Pepe sees her, he instantly falls in love and tries to make her fall in love with him. However, as a skunk, he smells horrible and she wants nothing to do with him.