In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Sandshrew in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
How to Draw Sandshrew Pokemon
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Sandshrew.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Sandshrew - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Sandshrew
It evolves into Sandslash and is categorized in the Ground-type Pokemon. It is bulky Pokemon with large body features. It is bipedal with a yellow hide that has a brick patter and a white underbelly and muzzle. It has a thick tail and two claws on each feet as well as three claws on each paw which it burrows with.
Did you know?
- It is mainly situated underground and during hunting it grabs its prey and drags it down the hole where it devours it.
- They curl their bodies to break the impact of opponents’ attacks on them and may also throw sand at its attackers.
- Its body can absorb water which it can use to survive in desert areas.
- It can use its body to break a fall by curling up and rolling down when it makes impact with the ground.
- Despite its absorption ability, it lives mainly in caves. Its Alola counterpart evolves to live in icy mountain.
- It also shares the category of Mouse Pokemon with Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu and Raichu.
Its resemblance of traits and appearance are modeled after the Pangolin. It is also thought to have poisonous claws which disarms a prey with.