In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Sandslash in 6 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Sandslash.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Sandslash - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Sandslash
It is an evolution of Sandshrew and belongs to the Ground-type Pokémon category. It is bipedal but can also run on all fours. It is mostly yellow with a white underbelly. It has two large claws both on its feet and paws which are used for slashing and burrowing. They are also used to easily maneuver their burrowed holes.
Did you know?
- Its claws are its main weapon and break off regularly but growing back fairly fast.
- It curls into a large ball to protect itself from impact from opponents’ attacks and other sources of danger such as heat.
- It ambushes its enemies and prey by climbing trees and jumping on them and using its claws to slash them viciously.
- Its Alola counterpart is covered in snow which increases its weight but can move faster using its claws to cut through the snow.
- Its quills found on its back can also be used to attack opponents as seen in the anime.
It mostly prefers to live in deserts where it can burrow holes and stay for long periods of time. Also categorized under Mouse Pokemon with Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu and Raichu. It also resembles the physical traits of Pangolin.