In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Scooby Doo in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Scooby Doo.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Scooby Doo - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about SCOOBY-DOO
Scooby-Doo is a member of the Hanna Barbera character group that is best known for their animated role in cartoon entertainment. The characters began being designed during 1957 by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, former MGM animation directors. Their American studio became known as the H-B Production Company. Much of their programming was channeled through the Cartoon Network.
Did you know?
- This character first appeared in 1969 television animated series “Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!”
- He is a male brown Great Dane dog with black spots, a light blue collar, and a gold name tag.
- His best friend is Shaggy, his acquaintances Velma, Daphne, and Fred, and relatives are cousin Scooby-Dum and nephew Scrappy-Doo.
- Shaggy is voiced by famous celebrity Casey Kasem.
- Every episode involves a mystery that Scooby fears to solve, unless he is bribed with a Scooby Snack.
- He is famous for his catchphrase howled at the end of every show “Scooby-Dooby-Doo!”
- His other appearances are in the 2002 movie Scooby-Doo, and cameos in various film, video, and television opportunities.
Hanna-Barbera produced The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, The Smurfs, Scooby-Doo, etc. allowing them 1 Golden Globe Award, 8 Emmys Awards, a star at Hollywood Walk of Fame, etc. They are associated with classic works and in 2005, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences awarded Hanna and Barbera with a bronze wall sculpture that portrayed the founders and their characters.