In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Scyther in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Scyther.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Scyther - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Scyther
A highly sought after fighter, Scyther is a feisty bug Pokémon resembling a cross between a dragon and a praying mantis. In the wild, Scyther form in great swarms and stick together in their colonies. However, there is often competition between them to become the leader of the group. Often there will be a dangerous, vicious battle, leaving the winner as the leader until the next challenge.
Did you know?
- Scyther’s razor sharp fore-arm blades can slice through whole tree trunks
- The colour red can cause Scyther to become extremely aggressive as this colour has an alarming effect on it
- Scyther are extremely rare and are difficult to spot in their grasslands as they are very good at camouflage
- Its blades are kept sharp regularly by slicing through solid objects and cared for constantly
- Scyther is one of the least catchable Pokémon due to its rarity and its ability to escape at high speed
One of the most impressive captures recorded of this Pokémon is that of Tracey. By gaining his trust, Scyther simply agreed to become his trainee and said goodbye to the group it had always been with until then