In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Slowpoke in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Slowpoke.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Slowpoke - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Slowpoke
This water-psychic Pokemon is pink and looks like a species of hippo crossed with a salamander. They have dull and vacant eyes that don’t appear to be thinking about much of anything at all, and it’s been widely believed that the Slowpoke is pretty air-headed. They have curled ears and a rounded muzzle, as well as a white-tipped tail that they use for fishing. This unusual tail drips a sweet-tasting substance that attracts fish, its main food source. When a fish holds on, Slowpoke has dinner. The problem with this is, Slowpoke has very little situational awareness, and often won’t realize that a fish has bitten on until the next day, as they don’t react very quickly to outer stimuli. Perhaps the most unusual thing about the Slowpoke’s tail is that it can not only be removed and used as a fishing lure, but it will grow back if it is removed from the body of the Pokemon.
Did you know?
- This Pokemon has four legs, all of which has a single white claw on the end.
- In Alola, the tail of this Pokemon is often dried and put into home made stews.
- Slowpoke lives almost its entire life in a day-dreamy kind of haze. The only thing that will pull them out of it usually is fish.
- Slowpoke is often called The Dopey Pokemon, and for good reason. It tends to forget its current task really quickly, and shows signs of a low intelligence.
- No matter how vacant the Slowpoke appears to be, though, it is almost always thinking. The problem is, it’s usually so lost in thought that nothing around it seems to matter.
Additional Facts about Slowpoke: Their slow reaction to outside stimuli, while an evidently dim-witted trait, is actually pretty handy in the battlefield. Pain takes hold of them less quickly because of it, enabling the Slowpoke to push through its injuries to keep doing what it has set its mind to. They can remove their tails, which would undoubtedly be a painful process to anybody else, and use them to fish for their next meal, without flinching. Fish are attracted to this Pokemon because of the secretions from its tail, and bite down to dine on it. Even though the Slowpoke loves fish, there’s every possibility it won’t even realize that it’s got a fish on the line.