In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Smokey The Bear in 6 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Smokey The Bear.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Smokey The Bear - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about SMOKEY THE BEAR
Smokey the Bear is a member of the Disney casting group from the largest retail franchise in the world. The characters began being designed during 1923 in Los Angeles by Walt Disney, an American illustrator. They were featured in live-action film production, television, and theme parks. The sensation inspired an expansion of its existing operations and making an addition of theater, radio, music, publishing, and online media.
Did you know?
- He first appeared in a 1944 campaign advertisement. This character is in the 1956 film In the Bag, and has been in animation for over 50 years.
- He is a bipedal male brown bear with a tan khaki forest ranger hat, blue jeans, brown belt, and usually holds a shovel.
- The 1942 movie Bambi plotted forest fires. Disney authorized these characters to be featured in fire prevention campaigns for a year, so a different symbol was required afterward, and a bear was chosen. “Smokey” Joe Martin was an injured fire fighter who inspired the mascot name
- Smokey Bear campaigns are the most influential of public service advertising.
- Other appearances were in television shows and advertisements, literature in an encyclopedia and a book series, radio shows, songs, a poem, postage stamps, and an observance day.
The Disney company is well known for their products of its film studio. They own such television networks as ABC, A&E, ESPN, and Disney Channel. Other acquisitions involve merchandising, Dow Jones membership, and 14 theme parks around the world.