In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw The Ninja Turtles in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the The Ninja Turtles.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw The Ninja Turtles - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” series started as a comic book in 1984. The series is named after the four main characters, which are mutated teenage turtles that have been trained in Ninjutsu. Although they have to hide in the sewers to keep from being discovered, they fight crime across the city with help from training from their sensei, Splinter.
Did you know?
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is often shortened to “TMNT” or just “Ninja Turtles”.
- The four Ninja Turtles are all named after Renaissance artists.
- In some versions of the series, the Ninja Turtles all wear red masks and are only differentiated by their weapons and personalities.
- The turtles are often shown eating pizza with very strange toppings, including jelly beans and sauerkraut.
- The Ninja Turtles are from the same world as the comic book character “Daredevil” and sometimes even have cameos.
The origin of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles started as a joke. Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, both comic book artists, were working one day when one sketched a picture of a turtle with nun-chucks. They thought it would be funny to use this silly idea to parody comic books of the period.