In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Tony The Tiger in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Tony The Tiger.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Tony The Tiger - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about TONY THE TIGER
Tony the Tiger is a member in the casting group for the Kellogg Company series of cereals. They used different radio and television celebrities known to the public in their advertisements for breakfast food. It is an American distributor of nutritious and delicious products available at markets.
Did you know?
- This character first appeared in 1951.
- Tony’s main role was as an animated character in television commercials for Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes.
- This tiger was also the mascot for Kellogg’s Frosties cereals overseas, of the same sugary corn flakes.
- He has also become the representative for Tony’s Cinnamon Krunchers and Tiger Power.
- This orange male wild cat with a big red scarf always uses the catchphrase “They’re Gr-r-r-r-reat!”
- His relatives are mother Mama Tony, spouse Mrs. Tony, son Tony Jr., and daughter Antoinette.
The original voice actor Thurl Ravenscroft died in 2005. He was replaced by Lee Marshall who portrayed the voice until his death in 2014. Commercials for Frosties in Britain are revoiced locally by Tom Clarke-Hill. The United Kingdom used the song “Eye of the Tiger” in conjunction with the advertisements. Canadian commercials are voiced by Tony Daniels. The voice actor Lee Marshall advertising since 2006 died in 2014.