In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Wile E Coyote From Looney Tunes in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Wile E Coyote From Looney Tunes.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Wile E Coyote From Looney Tunes - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about Wile E. Coyote from Looney Tunes
Wile E. Coyote, often known as just “The Coyote”, first appeared in the “Looney Tunes” episode “Fast and the Furry-ous”, alongside The Roadrunner, in 1949. In almost every appearance, The Coyote is shown trying to outsmart, catch and eat The Roadrunner using complicated plans and contraptions, rather than just relying on animal instincts. However, something inevitably goes wrong and backfires, usually injuring The Coyote. Although The Coyote is smart and persistent, luck is never on his side.
Did you know?
- Though he usually appeared with The Roadrunner, The Coyote made several appearances with Bugs Bunny.
- Supposedly, there were eight rules in The Coyote’s universe that the animating team strictly followed.
- It is never specified where the cartoons take place, but they all have the appearance of the American Southwest.
- “ACME Corporation” supplies almost all of The Coyote’s traps.
- The Coyote only speaks when he appears with Bugs Bunny.
Wile E. Coyote cartoons are well known for using very specific “cartoon physics”, which usually are in favour of The Roadrunner. Some common examples of this are: Staying suspended in the air for a moment before falling off a cliff, running “into” a painting of a tunnel or street, and explosives triggering only when it is the most inconvenient.