On this page you’ll discover all our Australian Animals, but first…
Interesting Facts about Australian Animals
From the cuddly-looking koala to the kicking kangaroo or crazy kookaburra, Australia is home to some pretty unique animals!
- More than 80% of Australian wildlife is completely unique to Australia! Try sketching out as many animals as you can think that are Australian natives. Did you forget the dingo? What about the kiwi? Actually kiwis are native to New Zealand, but we’ll let it slide this time.
- There sure are a lot of K’s when it comes to Australian animal names! Put them into your own hidden picture search or word hunt!
- Now you can go on a safari without ever leaving your house!
- Drawings and simple research lessons are the perfect distance from which to discover a lot of Australian animals, because…well, they can be pretty dangerous!
- Australia is home to more types of deadly snakes than any other continent. Even koalas and kangaroos are not as friendly as they might look.
- But that doesn’t mean Australia is anything to be scared of! Australia is home to a bunch of interesting places like its gorgeous natural landscapes and even some delicious foods too.
- Don’t just leave it at drawing animals, be sure to explore some of these aspects of Australia as well!
- A large portion of Australia might be covered in desert but don’t forget about the awesome marine life that surrounds it! A visit to the Great Barrier Reef (even in your imagination) will introduce to more types of fish, coral, whales, and dolphins than almost any other place on earth.
- You might not be able to go scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef but you can turn your own room into a small version of it. Use streamers to make kelp, balloons to make coral formations, and a blue filter to change the light. Add a few drawings of humpback whales, barracudas, and other underwater creatures for added affect!