In this quick tutorial you’ll learn how to draw a dolphin in just a few quick steps, but first…
Interesting Facts about Dolphins
Dolphins live in groups called pods with about 12 dolphins. The most common and well-known dolphin is the bottlenose dolphin. The largest dolphin is the orca, or killer whale.
Did you know?
- Dolphins eat many different fish, like mackerel and cod. They also eat squid. Dolphins have one stomach for storing food, and another stomach for digesting food. Killer whales go for larger prey, like sea lions and seals.
- Dolphins can dive as deep as 1,000 feet underwater. They can jump above water as high as 20 feet.
- Dolphins are mammals. Their average lifespan is 12 years. Some have been known to live to be 50 years old.
- Dolphins can swim as fast as 25 miles per hour. They jump in and out of water to move at a faster pace.
- Dolphins find food by using echolocation. They make a clicking sound, and like an echo, the sound bounces back to them. That is how they know the size and how far away an object is.
Most dolphin species live in the ocean, while a few live in rivers. Dolphins whistle to communicate. The eyes on the sides of their heads allow them to see forward, to the side, and even behind them.