In this quick tutorial you’ll learn how to draw a cat in just a few quick steps, but first…
Interesting Facts about Cats
A male cat is known as a tom, and a female cat is either called a molly or a queen.
Cats are said to have 9 lives because they can get themselves out of sticky situations. Their flexible bodies, amazing reflexes, and strong senses help them avoid danger. Almost all cats can land on their feet because of their flexibility and reflexes.
Did you know?
- Cats really only have one life, which lasts up to about 15 years.
- Cats have little spikes on their tongues used for cleaning themselves. They lick their fur, using their tongues like hairbrushes. Cats can groom for hours, which is how they choke on fur balls.
- Cats live everywhere except Antarctica. They can be found in a variety of habitats including wetlands, deserts, coastal regions, and forests.
- Cats, especially those kept as pets, like to prey on birds.
- Domesticated cats like to chase and play with objects like balls of yarn. It is their way to “practice” hunting and catching their prey.
To appear bigger, cats arch their backs, stiffen their legs, and puff the fir on their back and tail. They do this when they are afraid and want to scare away predators such as aggressive dogs.