In this quick tutorial you’ll learn how to draw a lion in just a few quick steps, but first…
Interesting Facts about Lions
Female lions, which are called lionesses, are responsible for hunting for their pride, a group of lions. They prey on animals such as zebras, wildebeests, and buffalo. Male lions protect their territory and guard the cubs while the lionesses are hunting.
Did you know?
- Lionesses give birth to about four to six cubs at a time. The cubs are born in a den.
- Male lions are known for their large manes. The manes usually become darker as the lions grow older.
- Lions spend the majority of their day sleeping. They could sleep for about 16 to 20 hours everyday. Sometimes they are found sleeping in trees, as they are good climbers.
- A lion’s roar keeps predators at bay and could be heard up to 5 miles away. Lions can sense a predator up to one mile away.
- Male and female lions rub against each other as a way to bond with each other.
- Lions in the wild could live up to 10 to 15 years of age. Lions in captivity could live up until they are 25 years old.
Lions can live without drinking water for about 4 to 5 days. Lions have been on display at zoos since the 18th century.