In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw a Fennec Fox in 12 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Fennec Fox.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw a Fennec Fox - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Step 10: Now, connect a line down rom the first leg, and the first hind leg as shown. Don't forget the nails!
Step 11: Now draw a line between for the tummy, and the last hind leg behind it.
Step 12: Finally, draw a smooth curvy line in the back for the tail. The tail is colored tan like the body, but with black on the tip!
Interesting Facts about the Fennec Fox
The Fennec Fox is so unique because this happens to be the smallest of the all of the foxes in overall size, but it has very large ears! These little guys’ ears are around 6 inches tall, and almost look like they don’t even belong on the small foxes’ head. You can find these foxes in underground dens in sandy deserts like the Sahara and others in North Africa.
Did you know?
- The Fennec Fox is nocturnal which is how they can deal the very intense heat during the day
- Their huge ears aren’t just cute, but also radiate heat from their bodies to help they stay cool
- Their long and think coats of fur is how they are able to have their skin protected from the sun and keep warm during the cold desert nights, including their fuzzy feet! Just like when you wear sandals at the beach so they don’t get burned on the hot sand!
- These foxes eat anything from plants to eggs, reptiles, and even insects and are able to go a long time without any water to drink
- The foxes are cream in color and have black on the tip of their tails, like they dunked it into a bucket of paint!