Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/wedraw/www/www/wp-content/thesis/skins/classic/custom.php on line 504
In this quick tutorial you’ll learn how to draw a Hornet in just a few quick steps, but first…
Interesting Facts about the European Hornet
The hornet is the largest European eusocial wasp as well as the largest hornet in North America. The Queen is around 25 to 35mm in length, and the workers are slightly smaller at only 18 to 24mm in length.
Did you know?
- The hornet will sting in defensive of being stepped on or touched but if not bothered will avoid engagement
- It is a bad idea to bother their hive though, as hornets are very defensive of it and will attack if it feels threatened
- Hornets mostly eat large moths, bees and wasps
- The eyes of the hornet are shaped like the letter C and are extremely indented
- The wings of a hornet are reddish orange in color and the body it is yellow with brown stripes
- Hornets are attracted to lights when it is dark but will don’t have any interest in your human foods
Many people fear these creatures and have created myths such as 3 stings from a European Hornet can kill an adult human, which is not true. However due to the fears many hold towards hornets have led to destruction of nests and slowly an overall decline in the population of the species. Now some countries are making it illegal to kill a hornet nest.