In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Azrael From The Smurfs in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Azrael From The Smurfs.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Azrael From The Smurfs - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about Azrael from The Smurfs
Azreal is a pet from the series “The Smurfs”. Known for its blue, gnome-like characters, Azreal is one of the few animals that appears as a main character. Azreal is the pet of Gargamel and often helps with his nefarious plans. His first appearance in the comic books was “The Smurfnapper”, but he has appeared in almost every season of the Smurf television show.
Did you know?
- Azreal’s name comes from a biblical name, meaning “Whom god helps” in Hebrew.
- In one episode, it is suspected that Azreal is decended from royalty. This is proven true later, when one of his ancestors is shown to be an Egyptian cat pharoh.
- Originally shown as female in the comic books, he was changed into a male cat in the television show, and in later comics is shown as male.
- Although his species is ambiguous in the comics and show, Azreal is played by an orange tabby cat in the film series.
- Azreal kidnaps Smurfette in “The Smurfs 2”.
Azreal is an orange cat in the Smurf comic books, but is brown in the television show. Although he seems fairly intelligent, he sometimes gets in Gargamel’s way when he is trying to catch Smurfs.