In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Barney The Dinosaur in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Barney The Dinosaur.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Barney The Dinosaur - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about Barney the Dinosaur
Barney is an imaginary purple dinosaur that appears as the main character in “Barney and Friends”, starting in 1987, and several movies. The show is specifically aimed at pre-schoolers or younger, focusing on using your imagination to discover the world and learn lessons about life. Barney is optimistic and kind, trying to teach children through dances, songs, and the creativity of their own minds.
Did you know?
- Barney is a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Originally, Barney was supposed to be a bear, but this was changed after the creator’s son went to a dinosaur exhibit.
- The series started as a popular series of videos titled “Barney and the Backyard Gang”.
- Producers thought the show would be unpopular until seeing the reactions of children they let watch it.
- Many famous celebrities started as children on “Barney and Friends”, including Selena Gomez.
Anti-Barney Adults: In the 1990s, it started to become a joke that teenagers and adults hated Barney. As people who had watched the show as children grew up, they found the character to be overly friendly, creepy, boring, and unable to teach children about dealing with negative emotions. Jokes then became popular about Barney being evil or bad television.