In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Big The Cat From Sonic The Hedgehog in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Big The Cat From Sonic The Hedgehog.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Big The Cat From Sonic The Hedgehog - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about BIG THE CAT from Sonic the Hedgehog
Big the Cat is a member in the casting group for Sonic the Hedgehog of the animated series. The character was designed by Yuji Naka and Naoto Ōshima in 1991 for a video game from Sega. It is based on a blue hedgehog who travels at supersonic speeds and simultaneously curls into a ball for attacking enemies. He inspired comics, original animated video, and 4 cartoon shows.
Did you know?
- This character was featured in the animated series Sonic X from 2003.
- The show’s main character is Sonic.
- Big’s friends are Sonic, Amy Rose, Cream the Rabbit, and Froggy.
- Big the Cat is purple with a white belly and mustache, leather belt and sandals, and peach gloves.
- Big’s main role is in fishing for Froggy from water.
- He is unintelligent but kind, mellow, and very strong.
Sonic is one of the first game cast members to be inducted to the Walk of Game which occurred in 2005. His competitor named Mario from the Nintendo video game company is also an inductee. Sonic was created to provide this marketing advantage, making him the mascot for the video game company Sega. He is now one of the world’s most famous video game characters, having sold over 80 million copies.