In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Chester Cheetah in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Chester Cheetah.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Chester Cheetah - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about CHESTER CHEETAH
Chester Cheetah is a member in the casting group for Sonic the Hedgehog of the video game series. The character was designed by Yuji Naka and Naoto Ōshima in 1991 for a video game from Sega. It is based on a blue hedgehog who travels at supersonic speeds and simultaneously curls into a ball for attacking enemies. He inspired comics, original animated video, and 4 cartoon shows.
Did you know?
- This character only appeared once as a cameo in the game Archie Comics’ Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Chester’s main role is as an animated character in television commercials for Cheetos brand snacks.
- This cheetah is also the mascot for Chester’s Puffcorn brand snacks, and his middle name is Carlson.
- The wild cat with big white sport shoes and black sunglasses, occasionally wears promotional outfits.
- He was created in 1986, but in 2007 he became a non-animated puppet that speaks to the public.
- The cat has been featured in 2 video games, 1 unreleased cartoon series, and 2 types of dolls.
Sonic is one of the first game cast members to be inducted to the Walk of Game which occurred in 2005. His competitor named Mario from the Nintendo video game company is also an inductee. Sonic was created to provide this marketing advantage, making him the mascot for the video game company Sega. He is now one of the world’s most famous video game characters, having sold over 80 million copies.