In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Ditto in 4 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Ditto.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Ditto - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Ditto
Ditto has a simplistic design in the form of a purple-like jelly. It can transform into the shape or any object and while doing so can mimic the abilities of other Pokémon it transforms to. They have simplistic facial features i.e. eyes and a mouth which do not change when it transforms.
Did you know?
- When two dittos encounters they immediately transform which leads it to transforming back its original state.
- Ditto was originally meant to be used in the Super Mario Bros Pokémon crossover, Super Smash Bros.
- Ditto and Manafey are the only Pokémon who can breed with other Pokémon and produce a new species.
- Ditto cannot be obtained through breeding whatsoever.
- It can transform any form even rocks by rearranging its cell structure.
- In the games, battling two Dittos will never end due to its transformation tactics.
- It is suggested that Ditto is a failed transformation Meow which led to it having transformation abilities. But this is contested since now it can transform to a perfect replica of Meow.
Additionally, Ditto have been found to be very fond of human and most cannot be found in the wild as they are fond of civilization.