In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Dodrio in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Dodrio.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Dodrio - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Dodrio
Dodrio is the evolution of Doduo, and as its name suggests this Pokemon has three heads instead of two. Unlike its previous incarnation, Dodrio’s three heads are all independent, capable of forming their own ideas and thoughts. Each head is associated with a different emotion: Anger, Joy and Sorrow. These three brains work together to solve problems and to confer on strategy when trying to escape or win a fight. Though this Pokemon is classed as a flying/normal type, it actually has no wings at all and cannot fly. Each head possesses a long, sharp beak and black V-shaped crest. They also have sharp claws on the toes of their two feet, which help in running on less than entirely solid ground, and take down prey.
Did you know?
- Sometimes Dodrio over-thinks, and will cause itself to become immobilized with indecision, unable to do anything at all.
- It is very, very common for the three heads to bicker between each other, but most arguments can be solved with food or sleep.
- At least one head is awake at all times, scouting for dangers.
- When all three heads are facing in different directions, that means that the Dodrio is wary and alert.
- Though the heads share one body, the body itself contains three hearts and six lungs.
Additional Facts about Dodrio: This species is considered quite rare, and very unique in how it evolves. When Doduo evolves into Dodrio, one of its two heads will split to create the third one. When these three heads are facing different directions, that usually means that this Pokemon is alarmed, and at this time it is definitely not safe to go anywhere near it. If it becomes startled, it will give out a vicious pecking. Though they don’t share hearts or lungs, it seems that the Dodrio’s heads to share a stomach, as only one of them has to eat for the whole creature to be completely satisfied.