In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Ekans in 4 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Ekans.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Ekans - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Ekans
It evolves from Arbok and belongs to the Poison-type Pokémon. It is purple in culture and serpentine in nature. It has yellow linings around its eyes, neck and underbelly. It also has a rattle for a tail.
Did you know?
- Ekans is actually snake spelled backwards and it makes sense because it resembles snake features and traits in every way.
- It eats Pidgey and Spearow’s eggs but can also can prey on the Pokemon themselves.
- It can swallow other prey by detaching its jaws to accommodate the size of the prey in order to swallow it whole. But in doing so it becomes too heavy to move and has to wait for several days in order to digest the prey.
- The older it gets, it grows bigger and longer.
- It is very silent when searching for food or preying in order to prevent alerting the prey of its presence.
Its defensive move is to curl itself in order to anticipate the opponent from any angle. It found in grasslands and savannah places where it can hide in the grass and use it to hunt easily. While its bite is venomous newborns Ekans bite are not lethal.