In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Felix The Cat in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Felix The Cat.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Felix The Cat - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about FELIX THE CAT
Felix the Cat is a member of the Felix the Cat casting group from the animated television series. The characters were created by Otto Messmer, originally produced by Pat Sullivan’s studios, and released during 1919 by the Trans-Lux channel. He began in a silent film and has since become the first character from cartoons to become popular enough to attract movie audiences.
Did you know?
- This character is a black cat with a white face and giant grin, and has nephews Inky and Winky.
- In 1929 he made a transition to audio shows to compete with the non-silent Disney productions.
- He has since starred in other television programs and in two feature films, using a magic bag of tricks.
- Felix is Latin for “lucky” and he is featured on comics, DVDs, clothing, toys, ceramics, and postcards.
- He is referred to in songs, and is now owned by Felix the Cat Productions and DreamWorks Animation.
In the 20s as television was experimental, the first image observed was Felix the Cat. He is a mascot to a car dealer in Los Angeles, New York Yankees, Charles Lindbergh, Aviation Museum, U.S. Navy’s Bombing Squadron, Indiana high school, music band The Queers, and has cameos and references in the general media.