In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Garfield in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Garfield.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Garfield - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about GARFIELD
Garfield is a member of the Garfield casting group from the animated television series. The character was originally made in a comic strip, released during 1978, created by Jim Davis, and published by Random House. The name was inspired by the creator’s grandfather, Garfield Davis. The series is distributed in about 2,580 journals and newspapers, awarding it a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Did you know?
- This character had a 2004 film Garfield: The Movie and a 2006 sequel Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties.
- He is an obese, lazy, and depressed orange cat with black stripes and large eyes.
- The setting of the story takes place in Muncie, Indiana, where the author lives.
- His friends are caretaker Jon Arbuckle the human, co-pet Odie the dog, and nephew Nermal the cat.
- Other characters include Jon’s girlfriend Dr. Liz Wilson the veterinarian, Garfield’s girlfriend Arlene the cat, and Garfield’s toy Pooky the teddy bear.
Since 1982 there have been 12 cartoon specials and 1 documentary at the character’s 10th anniversary. One of the animated television shows, Garfield and Friends, began broadcasting in 1988. He has earned $750 million to $1 billion annually in merchandise alone. The character is also seen in direct to DVDs, stage performances, video games, internet media, clothing, toys, dolls, Caribbean cruises, and credit cards.